Neil and Suzanne Alexander established LiveLikeLou.org in 2011 when Neil was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), the devastating condition known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Through this fund they hope to raise awareness of ALS, provide care and comfort to ALS families in Western Pennsylvania, and support scientific research targeted at finding a cure. The fund was named for baseball great Lou Gehrig to honor the example he set for all people living with ALS. Thank you for your support!
Our Most Recent News…
- - 03/19/13 - Neil Presents to Pittsburgh Pirates Minor League Players
- - 03/07/13 - WTAE's Wendy Bell Airs Part 2: "A Journey of Strength" Segment
- - 02/13/13 - Our First Research Grant - $10,000 to ALS-Therapy Development Insitute!
- - 01/15/13 - UPMC Medical Researcher Dr. Mark Gladwin joins the Advisory Council
- - 09/08/12 - LiveLikeLou.org Night at PNC Park Raises ALS Awareness
- - 09/01/12 - Our First "Iron Horse Award" Granted to Child of an ALS patient
- - 05/29/12 - WTAE's Wendy Bell Profiles Neil and LiveLikeLou.org in Part 1: "A Journey of Strength"
- - 03/29/12 - Our First Major Donation - $20,000 to ALS Association
- - 01/30/12 - Our First Gift to Patients - Gift of "Head Mice" for Local ALS Patients
Thank you to New Perspective for helping us produce the LiveLikeLou.org Kick-Off Video. Neil Alexander also recently spoke at The Pittsburgh Foundation Board Meeting and his remarks are available below. LiveLikeLou.org is a donor advised fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation.