With saddened hearts, we announce the passing of Neil Alexander at 49 on March 24, 2015. Neil was the co-founder of LiveLikeLou.org and dedicated his life to the courageous fight against ALS not just for himself but for everyone now and in the future. As Suzanne described him: he was smart, heroic, funny and has been an inspiration to many. A memorial service will be held on March 28, 2015. We invite you to read more about Neil’s extraordinary journey.
Neil and Suzanne Alexander established LiveLikeLou.org in 2011 when Neil was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), the devastating condition known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Through this fund they hope to raise awareness of ALS, provide care and comfort to ALS families in Western Pennsylvania, and support scientific research targeted at finding a cure. The fund was named for baseball great Lou Gehrig to honor the example he set for all people living with ALS. Thank you for your support! LiveLikeLou.org is a fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation.
We would like to thank our 2014 corporate sponsors for their generosity in supporting LiveLikeLou.org.You may give to LiveLikeLou.org via check. Please send your check to:
c/o The Pittsburgh Foundation
Five PPG Place, Suite 250
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Our Most Recent News…
- 08/01/15 - Fox Chapel School Telethon Dedicated to LiveLikeLou
- 06/20/15 – CBS and KDKA Interview LiveLikeLou about ALS Research in Pittsburgh
- 06/15/15 - Community Swim Club Swim-a-Thon Raises $6,500!
- 03/15/15 – LiveLikeLou Grants First $500,000 to Research
- 02/05/15 - Announcing "The Live Like Lou Center for ALS Research"
- 01/15/15 - Local ALS Families Get Some LiveLikeLou Love for the Holidays
- 10/05/14 - CMU Donut Dash raises over $100,000!
- 10/04/14 - LiveLikeLou.org Bike Ride raises over $30,000!
- 09/15/14 - LiveLikeLou.org Awards Second College Scholarship
- 09/07/14 - LiveLikeLou.org Donates $5,000 to Walk to Defeat ALS
- 08/25/14 - Ice Bucket Challenge Takes LiveLikeLou.org's Breath Away!
- 08/10/14 - Pittsburgh Pirates host “Red, White & Brew” and raise $15,000!
- 08/01/14 - LiveLikeLou.org Grants More Iron Horse Awards to Kids
- 07/16/14 - LiveLikeLou.org Donates $10,000 for Local ALS Patient Support
- 07/04/14 - 75th anniversary of Gehrig’s “Luckiest Man” speech
Neil Alexander describes what it means to make the choice to Live Like Lou and shares stories about the baseball great and the 75th anniversary of his Luckiest Man Alive farewell speech.
Thank you to New Perspective for helping us produce the LiveLikeLou.org Kick-Off Video.