Neil and Suzanne Alexander established LiveLikeLou.org in 2011 when Neil was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), the devastating condition known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Through this fund they hope to raise awareness of ALS, provide care and comfort to ALS families in Western Pennsylvania, and support scientific research targeted at finding a cure. The fund was named for baseball great Lou Gehrig to honor the example he set for all people living with ALS. Thank you for your support!
Our Most Recent News…
- 10/19/13 - 2nd Annual LiveLikeLou.org Bike Ride Raises $10,000
- 10/08/13 - $100,000 Grant for ALS Research at University of Pittsburgh
- 09/26/13 - Fox Chapel Little League Raises Funds for LiveLikeLou.org
- 09/07/13 - Fierce Friends Support Neil and the Western PA ALS Walk
- 08/29/13 - Neil and Suzanne Speak to Physicians at UPMC St. Margaret’s Hospital
- 08/17/13 - Farrell and Hitchens Kids Stand Up For LiveLikeLou.org
- 08/06/13 - Neil Helps Phi Delta Theta Honor SF Giants' Barry Zito
- 07/23/13 - Four More Iron Horse Awards for Children of Local ALS Patients
- 07/18/13 - Neil Participates in ALS Biomarkers Study at University of Pittsburgh
- 06/29/13 - 2nd Annual VIP Golf Event Raises $28,000
Thank you to New Perspective for helping us produce the LiveLikeLou.org Kick-Off Video. Neil Alexander also recently spoke at The Pittsburgh Foundation Board Meeting and his remarks are available below. LiveLikeLou.org is a donor advised fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation.